“All kids need is a little help, a little hope and somebody who believes in them” these words have been put into action by Robin Raina Foundation (RRF) one of the largest organizations engaged in philanthropy in India. In 2004, the organization opened up Robin Raina Foundation Educational & Child Care Development Centre (RRFECCDC) to take care of the educational needs of the children living in slums of Bawana.
The project started in the year 2004 when RRF took the firm decision to adopt children belonging to the slum areas across two regions in the country - Bawana in North-West Delhi and Noida in Uttar Pradesh. In the beginning, there were around 50 children and the number has significantly increased to 300 over the past few years.
The motive behind this initiative was to cater to the educational needs of the children living in marginalized communities, where education is not on the priority list and therefore RRFECCDC has been designed with immense care keeping in view the social background as well as the special requirements in terms of education, nutrition and health of these children.
The objectives of RRFECCDC:
- To provide quality education to children (6-16 years of age)
- To conduct Remedial Classes for Class I to V
- To prepare them for Primary schooling
- To take care of Dietary needs of the children.
- To perform regular Health check-ups
- To monitor cases of malnutrition and to provide supplementary nutrition.
- To encourage parents to send their Girl Child to school.
- To offer a sponsorship program for destitute children to combat early school dropouts and to fight child labor & child exploitation.
Apart from this RRF has also started a bus service with pick and drop facility from three locations which include Bawana village, Bawana resettlement colony, and Bawana industrial area.
Hence RRF is leaving no stone unturned to transform the lives of these impoverished kids for a better future as we understand that a child without EDUCATION is like a bird without wings!
- RRF children celebrate India Republic Day. Click here for Pictures.
- Christmas Celebration at RRFECCDC School. Click here for Pictures.
- RRFECCDC Children celebrate Children’s day at India International Trade Fair. Click here for Press Release.
- An RRF Launches Emergency Relief effort after another fire causes two deaths and destroys 421 Slum Dweller Homes. Click here for Press Release.
- Santa and his Elves make a surprise visit to RRFECCDC. Click here for Press Release.
- RRFECCDC Launches Emergency Relief Efforts after Fire Destroys 380 Slum Dwellers Homes in Bawana Click here for Press Release.
- RRFECCDC Children Celebrate Childrens Day at Appu Ghar. Click here for Press Release.
- Robin Raina Foundation Children celebrate Independence Day. Click Here for Press Release.
- RRFECCDC School at Bawana Rises like a Phoenix. Click here for Press Release.
- "CHILDREN OF LESSER GOD", article by Robin Raina.
- RRFECCDC School for Slum Dwellers Children in Bawana razed to the ground by Government Bulldozers. Click here for Press Release.
- RRF Family of Children Celebrate New Year and Christmas with Hope and All Round Festivities. Click here for Press Release.
- RRFECCDC children celebrate Childrens Day at India Gate. Click here for Press Release.
- Inception of RRFECCDC in 2004. Click here for pictures.
- Santa visits RRFECCDC project. Click here for pictures.
- Center for 400 slum children started by Robin Raina Foundation in Delhi. Click here for pictures.